James Lawson wrote:
> See below...
>
> Andrew Miller wrote:

>>> I would really like to see a move away from this toward an actual
>>> project management team. The current approach seems a bit too arbitrary
>>> to me.
>>>

>> That does then create issues about who to include in this list (and what
>> to do if people are away), which is always contentious ground. The
>> current approach works well, so why change it?
>>

> What current approach exactly are you talking about?
The way we currently manage the CellML project.
>  The reason for
> changing it is to use the project team page as a sort of help page.

The problem that lead to this thread of discussion is that there is no
well-defined project team, and I don't think that we need to create a
formal project team to make a list of contact addresses.
> Peter is keen on this being implemented and we're just discussing the
> best way to do it. At present I'm leaning towards the original idea -
> just collecting some information about the key people in the CellML
> project team, and providing that information, along with email
> addresses, and a strong encouragement to use the cellml-discussion
> mailing list.
I don't think we should use the word 'project team' because there is no
formal project team. Perhaps we can just have a list of people
categorised by their interest in the CellML project, and then a contact
page which helps people find certain people (for example, we could have
a category for technical issues with cellml.org, which would list Tommy,
a category for people with the ability to curate cardiac
electrophysiology models, which would list James, and a category for
people with an interest in cardiac electrophysiological modelling, which
would list anyone who wanted to be on the list).

>  There is then the issue of whether we use our own email
> addresses or @cellml.org addresses. Andre is keen on the latter, and I
> agree.

Although I am not entirely convinced that it is necessary or beneficial,
and I think that we risk harming the community nature of CellML by
saying that only certain people can get a cellml.org e-mail address.

Best regards,
Andrew