Hi Mark

I use Mac OS X 10.8.2.  OpenCell v0.8 runs fine, as far as I can tell.  As
Andre said, you need to install Xcode and the Xcode command line tools
(they are free from the Apple App store).  (This is all just an interim
measure until the imminent release of OpenCOR.  Development and
maintenance of OpenCell ceased after the v0.8 release in 2010, in favour
of the OpenCOR project.  We will nevertheless try support you if you
decide to use it.)

Regards,
Randall