Hi Simon:

I appreciate the offer.  Altho I don't really have any specific questions, was just looking for some general feedback on what a trip to Hong Kong might be like...I guess I am curious about the accomodations...

The hotels they offer (ordered from least to most expensive):

The Newton Hotel Hong Kong
South Pacific Hotel
Kimberley Hotel
(more, but I can't afford these <g>)

At the moment, I'm content to stay in the Newton.  Wondering if your family might be familiar with the hotel(s), or at least the areas they're in (proximity to the sights, etc)?

Thanks!
Charlie

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Simon Horwith
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 4:14 PM
  Subject: RE: chinese new year in Hong Kong

  I have family in Hong Kong but haven't been there yet, myself.  I can tell
  you that they love it so much that they left Washington DC to move back
  there.  I could ask some questions if you'd like?

  ~Simon

  Simon Horwith
  CTO, Etrilogy Ltd.
  Member of Team Macromedia
  Macromedia Certified Instructor
  Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX Developer
  Certified Flash MX Developer
  CFDJList - List Administrator
  http://www.how2cf.com/

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Charlie Griefer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
    Sent: 04 November 2003 21:48
    To: CF-Community
    Subject: chinese new year in Hong Kong

    there's a deal floating around at the moment
  (http://www.virgin-vacations.com/HK_FGAB.ASP) for 6 nights accomodations in
  Hong Kong, *including* R/T airfare for $599pp.

    The wife and I are thinking about doing it.  Lord knows we could use a
  vacation...the price seems right...and I'm sure that seeing the Chinese New
  Year celebration in Hong Kong (for that price) would be memorable.

    I know very little about Hong Kong tho.  Hoping some of the more 'worldly'
  folk on the list might offer up some opinions.  What's there to do in Hong
  Kong?  I know there's a museum or two...and certainly good seafood
  eatin'...but is there enough sightseeing type stuff to do for the week?

    Anybody familiar with any of the hotels listed at the link above?  Worth
  it to upgrade to a nicer hotel?  I'd like to keep this as reasonable as
  possible, so as long as there are no chihuahua sized cockroaches inhabiting
  the $599 hotel, I'd just as soon think of that as a place to just sleep and
  shower (and 'exercise'), and not be so worried about luxury accomodations.

    I never in a million years would have said, "hey honey, let's go to Hong
  Kong", except for having seen this deal and being somewhat intrigued.  I
  just want to make an informed decision as to whether or not to hop the
  plane.

    Any insight would be greatly appreciated, oh worldy ones :)

    Charlie


[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings]

Reply via email to