>After reading Ben's preso and paper I am beginning to understand where
>Flex fits vis-a-avis CFMX --- but it would be a lot clearer if the flex
>jsp taglibs were available to CFMX.
>
>I am beginning to think that we are trying to slice web application pie
>into too many slices (communication. help apps, demos, PIAs (Poor
>Internet/Interface Apps), yadda, yadda, yadda!
>
>Do we really need separate servers for all these different slices of
>the same pie?

I don't think that we're slicing the "web application pie" into too many
slices. I think Macromedia has made it abundantly clear that their vision of
the internet's future centers around RIAs. Flex, in my mind, is their next
logical step in that road map. They now have two products on the market that
enterprise shops can look to to create two critical pieces of a web
application -- the presentation and the business logic (let's leave the
pricing aspect for another thread!).

I think the current disconnect between Flex and CFMX is simply a result of
completely different release cycles (obviously, since Flex never existed
before today!). I would look for Blackstone (CF 7) to provide a more
seamless integration of the CF/Flex libraries. My only hesitation with that
is that I can only imagine what the integration of these two enterprise
applications will mean to product pricing!!

Regards,
Dave.