From: Rick Faircloth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2005 4:50 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Inline frames a good alternative for creating web applications?

> Apologies for getting all philisophical and preachy, but such is life.

No...you're absolutely right.  I know that AS, JS, and AJAX are outside my
"domain", experience, and comfort zone.

I come at this not from a programmer for a corporation, where my job may
depend on knowing some of this stuff.  The sites I build are dynamic using
CF, but no other languages.  I'm a one-man shop with relatively small-time
clients who don't even know what a "dynamic site"
is until I introduce it to them.

Being an independent designer/programmer (CF), without a salary, I have to
work project to project for income and none of my clients are asking for
Rich Client apps...but some are asking for office apps to use in-house to
replace software.  I'm always looking for better ways to do that, but at a
reasonable cost / effort perspective.  They have no demands for Rich
Clients, but I often sell solutions I develop before clients know they need
them.  But some solutions are just too costly to work on.  (Time mainly,
which translates to income)

The question I'm asking myself is would something like inline frames suffice
for now, since they're easily implemented?  I'm doing the same sort of thing
with CFINCLUDEs for tables, etc., instead making clients go to another page
to fill out a form, I just CFINCLUDE the form on the page when they click
the "Add Account" link.  Looks to me like the only thing refreshed is the
DIV I'd placed the table in.  (Just been playing around with DIV's as
containers)

Rick