@all...it's a foregone conclusion that I'll be getting a 17" screen.

@Aaron Rouse - I'm 6' 4" and 270 pounds. An extra pound or 4 on my laptop
isn't going to phase me. Especially when I'm already used to lugging around
a Dell Inspiron 6000 at almost 8 pounds.


@JJ - I didn't say apps, I said features. For example, I use these dozens of
times a day.
        - Open the standard file dialog box from within any app (on the PC).
                + Click any file, now that file's name appears in the file
name box.
                        Useful when multiple files need the same base name.
                + Click any file, then hit F2 to rename a file inline.
                + Click any file, then CTRL + drag to duplicate that file.
                + Click any file, anywhere else on your computer (desktop
for example),
                        drag it into the file dialog. That file now has a
new home.
                + Click any file, CTRL + drag it to your desktop.
                        You now have a dupe file available to you.

        - I don't like the keyboard. I have big hands and I can reach nearly
all the way
          across the keyboard on my PC with my hands in a normal typing
position. Because
          you have to use your thumb to toggle the Apple key, it cuts my
reach (in a
          normal typing position) by about 1/3.

Those are the "big" ones. Really they're little ones, but they're hugely
impactful to my workflow.


andy
        

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Rouse [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 11:28 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: (ot) Best development laptop

I used to say this all the time until I got a Dell M90 a little over a year
ago.  Most people at work that have them nickname them the back breakers.
 The weight of it along with its power adapter and any other misc. stuff one
would carry does not seem too bad at first but if you end up having to
travel or walk between a lot of places you quickly realize how heavy the
thing is.  I do not mind the machine as far as how it performs, I think the
only option they paid for was 4GB of RAM but unsure what speed machines they
bought.  After having it for so long I'd rather have a beefy workstation and
a slimmer laptop for when I go to meetings.

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Andy Matthews
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

>  I'd rather deal with the additional weight, and size, of a 17" laptop 
> than have to deal with a smaller screen.
>
>




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Adobe® ColdFusion® 8 software 8 is the most important and dramatic release to 
date
Get the Free Trial
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;207172674;29440083;f

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/message.cfm/messageid:313194
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-talk/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4

Reply via email to