"about as nimble as a mastodon in a tar pit"

ColdFusion Builder without the Update resembled that remark that's for sure.
My blog post about CFB the day it was released was less that glowing.  However,
since the update CFB is much better and that prompted me to buy CFB on faith
that I would have a job again soon. (The job thing finally worked out. But,
cable didn't survive.)

If you have an issue or find a bug n CFB then tell Adobe. I've been submitting
bugs as I find them to the public bug tracker.
http://cfbugs.adobe.com/bugreport/flexbugui/cfbugtracker/main.html  Members of
the CFB development team have emailed with me directly to  resolve these bugs.
And yes there is one or two that affect performance. However, I have found CFB
to run much faster on OS X than Windows even since the first alpha's.  I am not
sure why this is, but on my iMac CFB is lighting fast for MOST things (There
may be a tar pit in there sometimes).

As for the cost, I make my living with CFB. I used to use CFEclipse and
Homesite before that. If CFEclipse had cost money I would have paid for that
also. In the end it comes down to does it help me make money. For me, the
answer is yes. Some have mentioned they only do a little dev. Well, then maybe
CFB is not for you? I don't know. But Homesite and CFStudio also cost money
even before Adobe inherited those products.

But quit whining about it already :-) My mailbox was stuffed this morning :-)

Wil Genovese
Sr. Web Application Developer/
Systems Administrator

Wil Genovese Consulting