So cost has nothing to do with it.  How enlightening, as ever.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Watts [mailto:dwa...@figleaf.com]
Sent: 28 March 2014 17:52
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: "The long tail of ColdFusion fail"

> sure something may break by being locked down, but as I said earlier,
> you have 2 choices..
>
> 1. out of the box install,  not secure, but your site works just
> fine.. So nothing to learn unless you choose to. User continues in
blissful ignorance.
> 2. out of the box, locked down and secure, but site may break, so you
> have to learn something about CF security to get it working. Learning
> is required and not optional, user has now learnt something new and
> has a secure system.
>
> surely this is a no brainier.

This explains why absolutely no one uses Windows web servers. After all,
that's how Unix web servers always worked, pretty much. You had to know what
you were doing to get them working. I can see now why Windows never got any
market share.

(note: this is not an endorsement of one or the other, just an observation)

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
1-202-527-9569
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software is a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) on GSA Schedule,
and provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized instruction at our
training centers, online, or onsite.