As another point of blatant self-promotion...
  ColdFusion 5: A Beginner's Guide was written with a concentration on
computer programming concepts.  It covered many topics that were covered in
my CS101 and CS102 classes way back when.  ( With some database design
thrown in, which was a more high-level course ).