Thanks Dale, but i'm no a shared hosting envirnment  in this job, and I dont have direct access to the backups. I have to ask teh support guy at one hosting provider to make a backup for me and email it to me (and support issues is the main reason i'm moving away),  then upload that to the new hosting provider and ask that guy to restore the databases for me.

It has a couple of problems for me - it's going to tip off the hosting provider I'm moving away from that I"m going.  I dont want to do that until the last minute in case things get nasty.  And regardlesss the migration, I have to do this frequently anyway, and show my clients how to upload data to their new sites etc  and I dont know how to do it myself.

So while I'm sure you're right, it's not an ideal answer for me in this case.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month