Thanks Lindsay - that did the trick.  Worried me at first, because the
first time I ran http://dev.afpwebworks.com it took ages, but i guess
that's because it was compiling some files or something but after that
it ran quickly and works fine.

I needed to start using Apache instead of IIS because of the growing
need to use things like Modelglue and reactor, where if you have
mappings to the site root, you get issues.  this enables me to have
lots of sites running each with their own site root.  I got away with
having IIS and accessing my client sites with
http://localhost/clientsite   while everything could be inside the
client site root, but now,  all I need is a version of reactor that
requires a code change and i'm up the creek with no paddle.

Thanks for your help.

And Tom, removing the *:80 caused it to break to teh extent that
Apache wouldnt even start.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month