From: cfaussie@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Mike Kear
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 7:39 PM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: OT: apache error - why not several hosts?

Quite so, Charlie.  In fact I've been running with IIS quite happily for
years now, in the current IIIS5.1 on WInXPPro and its
predecessors.   I currently have 42 sites on my dev machine at various
states of development.

What's prompted this change is the increasing tendency of things like
frameworks to require placement at the root of the site.
Specifically, the marvellous Reactor, (which dynamcally builds all the
queries, DAO CFCs etc without requiring me to write any SQL at all!!) has to
be placed at the root of the site, and if you have mappings pointing to the
root you get all kinds of problems making it work.

In short, I needed all my sites to each have their own site root rather than
being one level below the root with a mapping to enable includes etc.

As you say Charlie, there are more ways than one to achieve this and I have
no issue with IIS - it drives all of my production sites.

Cheers
Mike Kear