I guess I'm a bit unusual as I have a '01 F**d truck in the driveway next to my '78 Blazer.  Naturally the only cars allowed in the garage are the Vette and Elky.  As for putting F**d parts on my Chevy, I don't see a problem with it.  I've had good luck with the 9" rear on other cars and I can set up a 9" 3rd member a lot better then a 10 or 12 bolt.  I also have the F**d solenoid too.
 
I actually almost went with a 12 bolt (Currie builds them too) but I really like how the 9" is set up and it will more than handle the 500hp my LS6 is putting out.
 
Lastly, the hp the 9" is using up is offset by the manual trans (autos suck up hp) and the lack of power steering.  If you think a 9" will slow my car down, imagine how slow it would be with a broken 10 bolt!
 
No need to be sorry for your opinion, everyone has to do what makes them happy!  : )

cYa-
 
Herb Lumpp
1966 El Camino, LS6, 6 spd, Currie 9"
ACES 3509
http://users.adelphia.net/~hlump/
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 5:27 AM
Subject: RE: [Chevelle-List] My big 9" : )

I guess I'm a die-hard and would not put anything f*#d on my car. I didn't even go the f*#d solenoid when I had hot start problems. The nine inch will slow your car down. they use more hp because of pinion to ring gear geometry.
I don't mean to down your new toy. But you could of bought a 12 bolt for the same money and stayed Chevy. How often are you going to change gears at the track unless you are a pro team?
 
Skip 68SCBB
Chevy all the way
 
Sorry Herb
-----Original Message-----
From: Herbert Lumpp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 10:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] My big 9" : )

Now Dan, I gave a legitimate answer to Chad's question.  Some cars are better endowed than others!

cYa-
 
Herb Lumpp
1966 El Camino, LS6, 6 spd, Currie 9"
ACES 3509
http://users.adelphia.net/~hlump/
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 5:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Chevelle-List] My big 9" : )

Oh Herb,
      Chaddy boy is gonna love the answer to this one.
I'll save it for you. This is gonna be good...

Dan McIntosh
65 Malibu

In a message dated 7/1/2002 4:56:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

whats the difference between a 9" and a 10 bolt?  thanks


Reply via email to