Florian Manschwetus wrote:
Am 11.06.2010 16:49, schrieb MichaelHoy:
We have a zpool with a volume and in that volume we have a number of
directories which are dynamically shared via smbautohome.
e.g. zpool pstuds, volume a and directory a1234567.

The server is a member of an AD.
The directory name matches the local user account (local for setting ACLs)
which maps (idmap) to the AD user.

Works like a charm.

By the way, we needed to use a directory for the home space as opposed to a
volume since we have 50k users’ home directories.

Trouble is…I can’t see the snapshot directory or view previous-versions whilst
in the users’ home folder.

If I share the volume which the directory sits in then I can however explore
the UNC path (\\server\pstuds_a\.zfs\snapshot\mhtest\a1234567) and see those
files which I have deleted.

The question is, should I be able to explore/previous-versions of the snapshots
when I’m in a directory of a volume or are snapshots only visible from the root
of the volume?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Michael

Same effect here, we have smbautohomes on \\server\username and as
unbrowseable share \\server\homes\username
\\server\homes is equal to dataset (\export\data(the pool)\users)

when browsing \\server\username the previous versions in properties
finds nothing
\\server\homes\username previous versions in properties works perfectly,
even for subdirectories and files

would be nice to know a workaround

To investigate, please provide:
- a network capture (wireshark) and 'ls -lVd' for the working scenario
- a network capture and 'ls -lVd' for the failing scenario
- user details for users accessing the shares
- your smbautohome file
- output from cifs-gendiag

Thanks,

Alan