Janet Sullivan wrote:
Phil Mayers wrote:
Janet Sullivan wrote:
I'm interested in hearing about people's experiences with SXF15/15a, especially in an internet edge/full BGP route table type environment. So far I've run into one oddity with SXF15 (BGP wasn't updating the local routing table until a clear ip route *), and I'm debating whether to downgrade.

That bug was discussed on the list recently. Search for the thread "SXH3 ghost bugs".

It's present in SXH15 & SXH3, but fixed in SXH3a (however SXH3a still has all the *other* bugs that SXH3 has, including the SCP-crasher)

I thought the ghost bug was fixed in SXF15? Wasn't there a discussion about how it had been both found and fixed in that version?

You could be right:

http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg15107.html

I might be thinking of the BFD bug.


In my SXF15 experience, I actually shut down a BGP peer (good 'ol nei xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx shut), and while BGP saw the routes go away, the local routing table on the box did not. That seems slightly different than the ghost bug as I understood it, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.


Well either way - it adds to the reports of SXF15 being a poor release:

http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg14944.html
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to