Hi,

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 06:52:28AM -0800, Janet Sullivan wrote:
> In my SXF15 experience, I actually shut down a BGP peer (good 'ol nei 
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx shut), and while BGP saw the routes go away, the local 
> routing table on the box did not.  That seems slightly different than 
> the ghost bug as I understood it, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

That's definitely different from the Ghost Bugs.

In the ghost bugs, at least as far as I observed, updates BGP table ->
routing table happened just fine.  Only BGP withdraw messages to other
(i-)BGP peers were sometimes lost, so a route "stuck" in the other
router's BGP table.

gert

-- 
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fax: +49-89-35655025                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Attachment: pgpB6eqnk0HxU.pgp
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to