I think Cisco is smoking crack here and not that good quality East Oakland stovetop crack but that San Francisco twice cut Tenderloin shwag. Consider that you can buy used hardware from a reputable reseller and resmartnet the gear for very reasonable rates certainly far less than 5X. (generally 1X in my experience) so I don't see how you'd get charged 5 times for your own gear and the normal street rate for gear off Ebay or your friendly near by used reseller. I'd say some haggling is in order.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richey" <[email protected]>
To: "'Cisco-NSP Mailing List'" <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 1:54 PM
Subject: [c-nsp] Smartnet pricing?


One of my customers called me today to ask me if this sounds right. I don't
much about smartnet but I told him I knew where to ask about this.    He
said they let their initial smartnet contract expire about 5 years ago
because they never used the support and management couldn't justify the
cost. Now they need a newer image because the current one they are using is buggy for whatever it is they are trying to do. They contacted their
"rep"  and the rep said Cisco wants them to pay for the last 5 years of
smartnet plus however many going forward  in order to get the image.  They
were quoted over $25k just to upgrade an image. The part that sounds fishy
is being forced to pay for 5 years of smartnet.   Does this sound right?



Richey

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to