Why don't you tell them that they couldn't sell you at 1x price for the last 5 years, what makes them think you are going to pay 5x that price. It's simple economics you obviously value the service at <1/5 the price ...
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Seth Mattinen <[email protected]> wrote: > Richey wrote: > > One of my customers called me today to ask me if this sounds right. I > don't > > much about smartnet but I told him I knew where to ask about this. He > > said they let their initial smartnet contract expire about 5 years ago > > because they never used the support and management couldn't justify the > > cost. Now they need a newer image because the current one they are > using > > is buggy for whatever it is they are trying to do. They contacted > their > > "rep" and the rep said Cisco wants them to pay for the last 5 years of > > smartnet plus however many going forward in order to get the image. > They > > were quoted over $25k just to upgrade an image. The part that sounds > fishy > > is being forced to pay for 5 years of smartnet. Does this sound right? > > > > I once added smartnet to a 2811 over a year after purchasing it without. > I didn't have to pay a recert or for the uncovered time. > > -- > Seth Mattinen [email protected] > Roller Network LLC > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
