Hi, On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 07:28:03PM +0000, Drew Weaver wrote: > I can't tell if you're down on Nexus and Up on 6800 or vice versa but I like > all of my children equally.
Well, I dislike the 6500 BU less, but more out of tradition.
The whole concept of having competing BUs do nearly the same stuff on
similar or different underlying chips, with different software on top,
none of them delivering a *complete* solution (or a sane operating system)
is so amazingly insane that it can only be explained by "too much beer"
or "an experiment what level of insanity the customers will tolerate".
At the last Cisco Live, I tried to find out about solutions for data
center interconnection.
Turns out, there is a N7 solution, an ASR9k solution, and a cat6k solution.
None of them interoperate (except N7k with ASR1k on OTV).
Yay.
(And no, I'm not going to buy 2x ASR9k + 2x N7k per site. If I had that
amount of money lying around, I'd just retire and live off the interest)
gert
--
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
//www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany [email protected]
fax: +49-89-35655025 [email protected]
signature.asc
Description: PGP signature
_______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
