I don't really know much about OpenGL ES, beyond what has been
inherited by WebGL...

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Luís Oliveira <luis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Simon Ortiz <o.si...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I got carried away with OpenGL ES, which lamentably isn't.
>> Specifically, ES 2.0 is not compatible with ES 1.1 :(

I think cl-opengl supports
http://www.opengl.org/registry/specs/ARB/ES2_compatibility.txt, so it
should at least be close to ES 2.0. Don't know if the functions are
exact matches or just something similar though.

> My understanding is that, API-wise, OpenGL ES is a subset of GL plus
> set of egl* functions. Is that correct? The former can be carved out
> of the existing code. To generate bindings for egl* functions, the way
> to go would be to throw the OpenGL ES spec at the current spec-parsing
> code and see what happens.

The "spec" that cl-opengl parses is a more-or-less machine readable
file available at http://www.opengl.org/registry/, not the actual
specification.  I'm not aware of anything similar for ES, so if the
functions are not included in the main .spec files some other strategy
would be required.  I'd probably just parse the .h files to get a
rough translation then edit it by hand from there, if the versions
don't overlap as much as desktop GL.

-b-