On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 3:35 AM, Bart Botta <000...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The "spec" that cl-opengl parses is a more-or-less machine readable
> file available at http://www.opengl.org/registry/, not the actual
> specification.  I'm not aware of anything similar for ES, so if the
> functions are not included in the main .spec files some other strategy
> would be required.

Right, I was assuming that ES would also have a .spec file. That
doesn't seem to be the case.

> I'd probably just parse the .h files to get a
> rough translation then edit it by hand from there, if the versions
> don't overlap as much as desktop GL.

The set of egl* functions seems small enough to take this route. I'd
probably even skip the .h parsing step.

The remaining questions are: do we want a cl-opengl-es-1.1 system that
only loads the relevant bits? (As opposed to defining the egl* bits
then loading all of the remaining cl-opengl.) If so, what would be the
best way to do it?

One solution would be to list the ES's gl* functions somewhere in our
spec directory and have the spec parser output those definitions to a
separate directory/system, let's call it cl-opengl-base. Both
cl-opengl and and cl-opengl-es-1.1 would then depend on
cl-opengl-base.

Simon, does this look like a sane approach?

--
Luís Oliveira
http://r42.eu/~luis/