* Alain Zidouemba wrote:
> Feature requests are always welcome.

However a resounding NO after putting in the effort is not.

It has been my experience to post a feature request and be told that.
1. The lake & short pier are to your right.
2. Take a long walk and or jump.

A better experience has been to bounce ideas off the list and be told to shut
up & post it in their bugzilla already.

Either experience is less than ideal.

In summary I refuse to waste my time and the ClamAV Team's time submitting a
feature request that they will refuse to implement.

> Please enter it/them here:
> https://wwws.clamav.net/bugzilla/

Yes I do know where to post them.
:-)

1. Is moving updates over https a good idea?
For the ClamAV update infrastructure at large, probably not.
For a local mirror setup, it would be an interesting option.

2. Would the ClamAV Team ( informally ) consider implementing such an option?

If ( Yes ) {
        I'll fill in the formal "paperwork" on their bugzilla.
}else{
        I'll leave them alone and find something else to do.
}

--
Sincerely,

Nathan Gibbs