On Mar 25, 3:42 pm, Chas Emerick <cemer...@snowtide.com> wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure what would be required from clojure-maven-plugin
> (for example) for maven to achieve greater acceptance in the
> community...

I think all it takes is getting the word out.  Ease of use matters to
me, but sexp vs. XML or simple interface vs. complex is only one part
of ease of use.  Another part is community support and availability of
documentation.  It's easy to learn any tool when lots of people are
using it and writing about it.  Your article was enough to convince me
and apparently a few others to give Maven a chance.

If a section appeared on clojure.org called "Installing clojure and
clojure-contrib via Maven" with a sample POM and simple instructions
for starting a REPL, that'd probably help.  Is build.clojure.org
linked to from anywhere on clojure.org?  I only know about it from
your blog post and from having read through IRC logs, and it's
mentioned in the clojure-contrib README but there's no example of how
to use it.  Your article is the first I've seen Clojure installed
directly via Maven.

--Brian