On Jun 18, 2010, at 16:24 , Nicolas Oury wrote:
> I am not sure (= (* 20 not-a-bottleneck) not-a-bottleneck)
>
> or more precisely:
>  (= (* 20 not-a-bottleneck-1 ...  not-a-bottleneck-250) not-a-bottleneck)

Point is, no one will write 250 variables even less so values by hand, it will
be a map, reduce or whatever and then it's pretty easy to type hint it if the
performance is an issue at this point and if you write this code you likely
will know that this is a bottleneck. (I ignore the * there since you corrected
it, otherwise it'd be a nice Palce to point out that it is likely becoming a
overflow and an exception w/o automatic promotion :P)

Regards,
Heinz