From: margoo...@aol.com <margoo...@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CMLHope] Re: Paying the donor of Bone Marrow
To: cmlhope@googlegroups.com
Date: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 6:28 PM

This is Marcie from Baltimore.  I was diagnosed March '09, started Gleevec and
other than getting used to the side effects which have not been too bad, I have
done well.  That is until my January bloodwork when my hem/onc said that all of
my numbers were slightly off.  They ran the blood again early Feb and he told
me that he was very unhappy with what he was seeing.  I had reached a point
where only 7% cancer cells were showing and now suddenly that doubled to 14%.
I am waiting for results of new tests, one that has to do with something called
"p loop" and my best understanding is that I may have developed Gleevec
resistance.  I have had of this but it seems like most people develop that
years into it, not 11 months.  My doc mentioned that, pending what the new
blood results show, he may switch me to Tasigna.  Has anyone else on this site
developed resistance that quickly and does anyone understand the meaning of the
p loop test?  Thanks very
 much.