Jim and Steve
                My 1976 hull# 99 has old perf papers that call it a mk I.  I
have been trying to find out the difference for years. At the Mystic rendezvous
I asked Rob Ball and he didn't know said it might have been a marketing thing.

.....................Gary Kolc......"Liberty"
---- jtsails via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
> Steve, the break between the Mk1 and Mk2 is a total mystery to me. I own Hull
> #100 which was built in 1976 while Rick Brass has hull #47 built sometime in
> 1975? All evidence indicates that my boat is a Mk2 while Rick's is a Mk1. I
> have been on both boats and I'll be darned if I can find any difference and
> in my opinion there is no difference. My guess is that C&C didn't like the
> measurement certificate for the early boats and decided to call the next
> years boat a Mk2 to get the boat remeasured (just a stab in the dark guess
> though). Keep in mind that the 38 was designed as a large 1 tonner and the
> Mk1 was rated slightly above the cut off. I have also noticed that the
> brochures on the the website do not make any distinction in the different
> years. Various sources list different dimensions for the beam measurement,
> and again I can't spot it between the two boats. I suspect that is due to
> measuring the beam on deck (narrower) versus the overall beam (wider). Some
> of the sources list t
 he Mk1 as being 6" narrower but that is about the amount of tumblehome in the
sides. PHRF also rates them the same.