From: Josh Muckley via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2016 12:12
To: C&C List
Cc: Josh Muckley
Subject: Re: Stus-List Mainsail replacement considerations

I think the knowledge and service of a local sail loft is invaluable.  They
come to your boat and take measurements.  Ask questions and help design a
custom sail to fit your needs.  I only have Quantum in my area so... I have
Quantum sails.  They are responsive and provide the personal service I'm
looking for.

I had the Tides-Marine Strong track system added when I purchased my new
mainsail.  I wouldn't do it any other way.   It is a quality upgrade which I
strongly recommend.

You can have a sail pack made anytime but I have also been very happy with the
usefulness and ease of having a sailpack.

Get multiple quotes and take them to competing sail lofts.  Have them explain
the differences between the quotes.  The sail makers will recognize the
design/cost differences and the advantages/disadvantages between two seemingly
similar spec sheets.  I found that despite having what I thought should be
similar spec sails they were very different prices.  Once the sail maker
adjusted the designs to match, the prices were within a few hundred dollars.
The local service, adjustments, corrections, and test sail all more than made
up for the few hundred dollars difference in price.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8pEh5lnvP1yTXFxb2RQVGJqb0E

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8pEh5lnvP1yakFDZERscXFTaUE

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk