From: CnC-List [] On Behalf Of Steve Thomas
via CnC-List
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2016 2:44 PM
Cc: Steve Thomas
Subject: Re: Stus-List Winterizing 2GM20F

You might think that, but it is not.
Recochem used to make a propylene glycol engine antifreeze here that was widely
sold under various brand names, notably Prestolite, but they don't anymore. It
came as a something of a shock when it was no longer available. Some automotive
speed shops have a version that is imported from the States, but it is absurdly
expensive. None of the former retailers I talked to, including Canadian Tire,
could give me a reason for its disappearance from the marketplace. There is
sometimes available a premium plumbing antifreeze that contains propylene
glycol in some proportion but it doesn't say in what proportion, and it still
contains ethyl alcohol. In short, it is difficult and expensive to find here,
and for no apparent reason. I have resigned myself to using the environmentally
unfriendly ethylene glycol.

Steve Thomas
Port Stanley, ON

---- "Della Barba wrote:
Propylene glycol is very easy to get around here. I would think it would be a
very easy thing to find in Canada too. You all do have RVs and vacation houses
up there, right???
C&C 35 MK I