Dennis,

Haven’t reviewed the instructions recently but I am fairly certain that you’ll
need to get to clean, bare wood if you use the Primer. There seems to be cases
<http://www.awlgrip.com/LiteratureCentre/awlwood_ma_qa.pdf> of overcoating
other products but I didn’t see Cetol mentioned.

Best,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin
Reedville - Chesapeake Bay