From: Robert Abbott via CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 5:52 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Hoyt, Mike <mike.h...@impgroup.com>; Robert Abbott
<robertabb...@eastlink.ca>
Subject: Stus-List winter storage

The key to keeping mast up during winter is the cradle....the boats with
inadequate or damaged cradles are at risk.  I have seen several boats at my
club where the boats have toppled and it was the cradle that failed in every
instance.

And for loosening the rigging in winter....no need if the rig is properly tuned
at storage....besides, as someone here mentioned, the aluminum mast shrinks
first in extreme cold.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32- #277