Agree,our yards always use plywood pads, but 1/2" plywood seems too thin, too
weak and I always find pads with the leg penetrating several wood layers, or
through and many pads are reused while the show cracks through several layers.
I'd rather supply solid 3/4" pads for my stands and end the worry and avoid any
drama.

Thanks for your help.
Stu