That sounds rather mysterious. What kind of project configuration would affect
the display of buttons?

Well, try this on Sierra:

Use the Open Fileā€¦ menu item of Safari to open a dialog. Then activate a
different application. On my system, the Cancel button in the dialog grays out
(although it still looks different than the disabled Open button). Now click
the Cancel button. Even though the button is grayed out, on my system the
dialog is dismissed.

(I believe Cancel and Open are textured buttons on Sierra, as clicking them
flashes gray, not blue.)

> On Oct 18, 2016, at 6:07 PM, Quincey Morris
> <> wrote:
> If you are seeing a difference, something else is going one, such as a slight
> configuration difference in my test project.

Cocoa-dev mailing list (

Contact the moderators at cocoa-dev-admins(at)

This email sent to