If what you say is correct then everyone would be seeing a delay since most
people don’t have blazing fast internet connections.  I do not think this is
the normal behavior.  I think it is specific to your system, otherwise there
would be TONS of people complaining about slowness.  A couple second delay
opening a file or app like you describe would be all over the internet.  I
don’t remember from your previous emails on this subject, but did you try
creating a new partition and installing a fresh OS with a brand new user on it
(nothing migrated) to see if the problem reproduced?  That would be an
interesting data point.

Either way, did you file a bug with a sysdiagnose taken during the delay?  If
so, do you have the bug number?  Something like this doesn’t get fixed if you
don’t report it.  Sending an email to a developer mailing list doesn’t count.
Just sayin’...

—Rob