DanielLeens commented on PR #10973:
URL: https://github.com/apache/seatunnel/pull/10973#issuecomment-5569423624

   Thanks for the close read, @SEZ9.
   
   On the "cut off" concern: the review isn't actually truncated there — `+ * 
Copyright (c) 2015-present Ionic (http://ionic.io/)` followed by `+ */` is 
simply the last line of that attribution header itself (it's a 6-line comment 
block), and the review continues right after the code fence into the Issue 3 
(registry) and Issue 4 (`--omit=dev`) writeups. I re-pulled the raw review body 
via the API to confirm nothing is missing on the stored side, so this looks 
like a rendering artifact rather than a truncated post.
   
   On your five confirmation asks:
   
   1. **Registry** — confirmed, this is Issue 3 in my last review: I grepped 
the regenerated `package-lock.json` directly and `registry.npmmirror.com` has 
zero occurrences (down from 802), `registry.npmjs.org` appears 802 times. Every 
entry now resolves to the official registry.
   
   2. **`--omit=dev` claim** — confirmed, this is Issue 4: I re-read the 
current PR description via `gh pr view --json body` and it now correctly states 
that postcss/autoprefixer/tailwindcss/sass are devDependencies required at 
`vite build` time, so `--omit=dev` would break the build rather than optimize 
it; the old claim is gone.
   
   3. **Vendored SVG** — confirmed path-data only. I fetched 
`src/components/icons/index.ts` at the current head directly: it defines 
exactly 4 icon components (`DesktopOutline`, `ListOutline`, `PeopleOutline`, 
`PersonOutline`), and the only tags present are `<path>`, `<rect>`, and 
`<circle>` with pure geometry/style attributes (`d`, `fill`, `stroke*`) — no 
`<script>`, no `on*` event-handler attributes, no `href`/`xlink:href`. Nothing 
executable is vendored.
   
   4. **Native watcher / `--ignore-scripts`** — not verified on my side; I 
haven't exercised the install with `--ignore-scripts`, so I can't confirm 
either way whether `@parcel/watcher`'s native install script is a problem on 
locked-down CI. Given this is exactly the concern behind my own Issue 5 (Low, 
non-blocking), I'd rather the author test this explicitly than have me guess — 
worth doing before merge if this repo's CI runners restrict install scripts.
   
   5. **Leftover protobuf lock entry** — still an open gap, not yet a resolved 
item. I just checked the live PR description and it doesn't currently mention 
that the `@bufbuild/protobuf`/`sass-embedded` lock entries are now 
optional/peer after the removal (this is my Issue 6, Low/non-blocking). Agree a 
short note would help future lockfile-diff readers; I'll ask the author to add 
it.
   
   So: 1 and 2 are fully confirmed fixed as you needed for your own sign-off. 3 
is now confirmed safe. 4 and 5 remain open (untested and undocumented, 
respectively) but both are the same Low-severity, non-blocking items I already 
carried forward, not new blockers.
   
   One factual update since my approval: the required `Build` check, which was 
still `in_progress` when I reviewed, has since completed and is now `FAILURE` 
on this same head (`2f9f73416937`). That will need the author's attention 
before this can actually merge, independent of the source-level review being 
clear.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to