Ashok

Thanks for this clarification

On 4/12/18, 12:59 PM, "Ashok" <as...@afrinic.net> wrote:

    Dear All,
    Mauritius has signed the the European Convention for Protection of
    Individuals with regard to Automatic Processing of Personal Data
    (commonly known as Convention 108), to which  it acceded to on 17 June
    2016 at Strasbourg, France.
    On a side note, Convention 108 is the first and only international
    legally binding instrument dealing explicitly with data protection and
    currently has 51 signatories including 47 Council of Europe Member
    States as well as Uruguay until Mauritius became the 49th State Party
    and the first African country. The treaty entered into force on 1
    October 2016 in Mauritius. [ Extract from Data Protection Office Document].
    This is how GDPR applies to Mauritius and since then The Data Protection
    Act 2017 has incorporated same in our local law.
    Ashok.,

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/privacy-and-security/u.s.-eu-safe-harbor-framework