On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> > I thought this was for Apache only jars.  Just a place for projects to
> > place there "Released jars" as a compliment to the zip and qz
> > distributions.  So there should be no license issues.
>
> Well, I'm still waiting to hear about some of this.  From Dion's review, he
> mentioned to me that he believes that the ASF license requires each project
> to include a copy of the license, with the project name, for each ASF
> licensed jar that it uses.  Not just one blanket copy for all.

This can be easily validated by having a certain file name strucutre.
Another reason to keep them separate is that occasionally a license file
will -also- reference some other license (when some BSD/MIT piece of code
was imported) or an acknowledgement. These are unique to a project. So one
license file per granule makes sense.

Dw