On Tuesday 21 December 2004 12:09, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> People leaving a project for J Random Reason is acceptable attrition.
>
> People leaving because they don't agree with the majority opinion is, too.
>
> A practice of asking people to leave, or trying to drive them away, because
> they don't agree with you is not acceptable.
>
> Charges of the latter were levied, and as I recall were supported by the
> email archives.  If so (i.e., if I'm not misremembering), it's a factual
> observation of behaviour, not FUD.  I suspect Noel already has the
> relevant source documents ready to hand if necessary.

( On PMC list == not in mail archives. But that is beside the point. )

It is a single occurrence in time, and in my book everyone is allowed to make
occassional mistakes. You make them, I make them, everyone makes them.
I think the difference of "Hey, Steve that is not acceptable!" warning, to a
categorical character assassination across the ASF is a bit much.

Cheers
Niclas
--
  / http://www.dpml.net       /