Tom Piwowar
>>> So sad. ;(

>>Why is that?

> Well there could be different motivations so the "why" part
> is not so easy to analyze. Hovever I do think that the
> general term "sad" is an accurate umbrella for all of them.

> 1) To hate Apple so much that one would intentionally buy
>    the inferior product is sad. It might even be called sick.

I do not hate Apple, I bought a Mac laptop - it was best suited
for what I wanted to do with it.  I had tried Linux and given up,
a friend had given me an old laptop whose drive had died.  I
replaced the drive and started using it again.  I didn't try
stuff from Redmond, lots of other experience.

I eventually tried to install iTunes on a system only to find
out that iTunes requires a connection to the internet, that
system had Win98SE.  The one that didn't connect to the
internet had XP and actually had the songs on it.

> 2) To lack the acuity to see the difference is sad. I
> suspect this handicap is MS's problem, their top managers
> simply lack the keen perception to identify a dud.

I don't believe they control either Rio or iRiver, though I
could be wrong.  I have products from both, the Rio is
starting to die (the screen) and I'm having issues connecting
that with Parallels.  The iRiver has an OSX based application.
Hopefully this will continue to work with Leopard.

The Zune is an overpriced piece of crap.

> 3) To lack the dough for a $150 nano is sad (but
> understandable).

I notice that amazon.com has many listings for mp3 players, with
many under $100.  I didn't see an iPod in that listing, they do
list iPod in a links section... I don't understand, but don't
really care.

--
Take care  | This clown speaks for himself, his job doesn't
Wayne D.   | supply this, at least not directly