Just reinstalling Windows shouldn't wipe out any non-Windows files. All the
old Documents should be preserved, which is actually an annoying thing since
you won't be able to use your old user name again.

If you're going to the trouble, format the C: partition to erase it all and
start clean. If you're worried there's stuff there you'll need, replace or
image the drive first. Drives are cheap and imaging software (and blank
DVDs) is cheaper (freeware imaging: http://www.runtime.org/dixml.htm).