Don't forget to make sure the TX's Blue Tooth function is turned on and also to try to see if some other Bluetooth device ... like someone's BT enabled phone ... can see your TX.

By the way, as a result of this e-string, I just loaded Google Maps on my TX. Interesting although not as useful as GPS mapping.

db

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
You're right, Betty! We did get around HK with no GPS, but we were on foot and had time to stop and look at maps and such. I really only use(d) the GPS when going somewhere I haven't traveled much in the past. (Like NJ to avoid traffic jams - which we've hit on occasion). Verizon does have plans that work with phones, maybe even mine, but they cost even more than the GPS over time. Since my van's only 4 years old, and I expect to have it quite few more years, I'd like to have something with me when I travel to shows and whatnot.

My next thing is to do a "hard reset" on the Palm TX as previously suggested and see what that does. If it doesn't work, I guess i'll trot down to one of the local electronics places and see what's on offer. & I'll probably also buy an east coast map for this coming week-end.

Mical

Come on Mical!! We navigated through downtown Hong Kong with maps and a
compass. Did we need GPS?  ;-D

Didn't get lost in the Australian outback with maps and a compass. Found
our way through the mountains in Crete with map and compass. My dad got
lost in south Jersey last week. He called me on his cell phone. I looked
up his location on Google; he used the NJ map [with no help from my
mom!] to find his way to Maryland.

Yes, the expensive GPS toy will guide you--if you pay enough. New
TomToms work OK. BTW, my compass from Finland that I picked up at REI
cost $12, and maps are free, or almost free.

Isn't it about time for you to get a new cell phone? Doesn't Verizon
have ones with GPS? GPS is built into newer cell phones so the telco can
find YOU. With special software you can use the GPS, too. Looks like the
GPS software can work with phones from LG, Blackberry, Samsung, Moto,
etc. Look for VZ Navigator GPS. If they have the GPS phone you like,
that will be one less brick weighting down your bag. I'd pick the
Blackberry Pearl, or LG.

Mical Wilmoth Carton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]