Good luck in getting a consensus answer regarding which is the best GPS device.

1. All the major brands offer the same basic functionality
2. some offer unique features; whether they are necessary or not is up to you
3. updated models are always coming out

They all come with your basic USA maps; some also come with other
countries (usually not what we're buying them for.)   Most units are
pre-loaded with maps that are as up to date as when the manufacturer
loaded the unit (except those that download dynamically.)  Therefore,
they all remind you to visit their website to buy their latest
version.  My unit is two years old, and I'm getting ready to buy my
first update ($70.)

So, decide how much you want to spend and what is important to you.
What decided it for me was I didn't want to leave the unit mounted, in
my car, where it might temp thieves.  I decided on a Garmin Nuvi 350,
which I can carry in my pocket.  Like all the other responders, I'd
say (1) the device has its shortcomings, but (2) I'm happy with it.

One last point: I travel to meetings at places I'm not familiar with.
I usually don't have any trouble finding my way there, I have trouble
finding my way BACK - especially at night, when road signs are
difficult to read.  That's when I'm thankful for my GPS...

Ralph