-----Original Message-----
From: Computer Guys Discussion List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paula Minor
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 8:27 PM
To: COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Subject: [CGUYS] LCD monitor question

I bought a new Dell LCD monitor so I could have a dual setup.  Now,
with both of them side-by-side, I realize that my eyes weren't going
bad fast....the older LCD monitor(also a Dell) is very dim and the
letters are a bit soft or blurry.  I do calibrate my monitors and had
been having problems getting it to calibrate well.  I thought my eyes
were going!
This monitor is about 3 1/2 yrs old.  Is it normal for lcd's to go
bad this quickly?  I have t he brightness turned all the way up now
and it's still pretty dim, especially compared to the new one.And
even with calibrating, the colors are very different between the
two.  I had planned on keeping my email on the older monitor and Word
too.  But I can hardly bear to read anything on it now.  My eyes
won't stay focused and I have to squint to bring the words into
focus.  If I put it on the new monitor, no problem reading at all.
Just wanting to know if this is normal or has it gone bad faster than
it should have?
I"m not sure I can continue to use it even for things like the tool
bars of Photoshop, calendar, iTunes etc because it really bothers my
eyes.
Thanks!

Paula
IN/USA
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a
ride!" Have a wonderful day!

**
**  policy, calmness, a member map, and more at http://www.cguys.org/
**