>The iPhone camera is lame, and it doesn't do video. I need a new camera. Nokia
>[and other] phones have 5+ megapixel cameras and do very good video.

No they do not do "very good" video. Have you been watching too much of
the political conventions? The lenses in these phones are of miserable
quality. They can't do "very good" anything. If you have lowered your
standards that low you might as well get WinCE, or a Barbie phone.

>deal breaker is that the iPhone doesn't have a card slot--not good for travel.

It sure does have a card slot. The card pops out of the top edge. Use a
paper clip to release it.