>At what price?  I understand that we are talking 3-4 times what we
>pay over here for those phones, plus you need to figure in the exchange rate.

Prices are comperable. My cousin (in Italy) was dying to get one and was
convinced that he could get a better deal in the USA. After looking at
the various terms and conditions we discoverd that the price was about
the same. After all, the people who set the prices do have brains and do
know what you may be up to. The main reason to get one in Europe is to
have it unlocked from the start.

Currenct wise, yes, you should probably wait until the administration in
the White House changes.