On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 11:12 PM, Jeff Wright<jswri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What you described is what we in the field would call a "poorly run
> business."  IT is taking its cues from the top, as the company circles the
> drain.

  So, if the systems that you are charged with maintaining are up a
cumulative 99.9% of the time, as you described in a previous message
on this subject, when do you ever do any real work?  What amount of
time in a week does that missing 1/10 of one percent represent?  How
long does it take, on average, to rectify such a situation?

  Steve