On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 10:57 PM, Rev. Stewart Marshall <
popoz...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> It is called a forced Hardware Upgrade
>
> This happens with MS releases also, although they do go further back than
> Apple does.
>
> I still have an old laptop that I could not install ME on as it was not a
> fast enough processor  (I am not sure it would even install 98SE.)
>
> I have a couple of machines at home that will not take 7 as they are below
> the 1 GB processor threshold.
>
> Apple and MS both do this to make sure people do not complain that it makes
> their systems run like a dog not realizing that the hardware was never
> designed for it to begin with.
>
> Stewart

I have no problem with older to ancient hardware not being able to run
modern operating systems that is what LINUX is for.  I can't see many sane
people complaining that they can't run WIN7 on an old 386.  My old HP
Pavillion is going on 5 years old and barely runs WIN7 but most of the real
problems seem to be running iTunes which soaks up all the processor time it
can get on this box.  It ran just as slowly on XP.

--
John Duncan Yoyo