To: <COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2009 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] STRANGE VIRUS?

Quoting Gail Miller <gail.mil...@comcast.net>:

My son has a new Dell Mini10 that seems to have a fatal virus.

Other than he thinks he has a virus, and he reinstalled Windows, you haven't given much to go on.

If he *does* have a virus that keeps reappearing, it might be a boot sector virus that a simple format might not get rid of (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

If someone on his insecure network has a virus, and he connects to it before he's got protection installed, well, then it's (probably) already too late. Have him turn off his WiFi before going through the procedure next time.