I don't know if the font problem when exporting to PDF is in the Linux
version as well.

I wasn't the only one who discovered it (resp. my wife), it was also on
a report last week about the new Staroffice. It was mentioned that
Staroffice doesn't have this bug.
That was when OO was still RC5
I know it's not solved in the released version.

BTW I filed a bug report.
Tom