On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 09:39:56PM +0000, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> בשבת, 4 באוקטובר 2003, 19:14, נכתב על ידי Simon Oosthoek:
> > On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 08:43:07PM +0000, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> > > I agree. Also seeing "rc4" "beta2" on a running system does look bad.
> > > A "security update" or just "update" will be a good idea IMHO.
> >
> > I'm sure the final of 9.2 will have no sign of a RC on oo.o 1.1 (that was
> > the case on the rc2 of 9.2) I don't know for sure, but I think rc5 was
> > picked up before the CDs reached their master state for duplication. I'm
> > confident that no average end user will notice anything of the fact that
> > it's actually a RC and not the renamed 1.1 final.
> that is not what I am talking about.
> Even in rc19 is exactly final, it's nice to have an rpm which is named final.
> It looks better for the "ignorant public".

I believe you are exaggerating the problem, since if applied strictly, your
line of thinking would make 1.0.3 final better than 1.1rc5, which I
seriously doubt. In fact, if this is really your feeling, I can definately
recommend debian stable! It may be a few years out of date on average, but
it's definately considered to be a very stable distribution (although it
does contain some packages in beta or RC releases), never mind...

Simon