[ I hoped to avoid this thread ... ]

> I don't know if the font problem when exporting to PDF is in the Linux
> version as well.

OK, so we'll ship a 500MB update (SRPM=300MB, RPMS=200MB) for a bug which
may not even affect us?

This just isn't going to happen unless there is a really important bug
which has been fixed.

> I wasn't the only one who discovered it (resp. my wife), it was also on
> a report last week about the new Staroffice. It was mentioned that
> Staroffice doesn't have this bug.
> That was when OO was still RC5
> I know it's not solved in the released version
>
> BTW I filed a bug report.
> Tom

[Please don't top post ... it seems all the new subscribers are doing it,
making this thread even worse ... ]

> On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 12:00, LE BERRE Daniel wrote:
>> Taken from OOo web site:
>> ------------------------------------8<----------------------------------
>> OpenOffice.org 1.1.0 Fixes
>>
>> OpenOffice.ortg 1.1.0 (1.1) incorporates all the fixes listed below.
>>
>> Below is the list of issues fixed in RC4. For discussion on these
>> fixes, please look at the [EMAIL PROTECTED] archives for
>> September.
>>
>>       * 18749 Symbol font doesn't print. Default font is printed
>> instead * 19473 Installation shows squares instead of Chinese
>> characters

>> RC 4 Fixes
>>

>>         16314 quickstarter causes freeze on log off with multiple
>> users. xxxxx Investigation of several translation issues
>>         4766,18425,18307,18733 installguides to be include - in
>> progress for English, German, French, Italian
>>         10000 missing help topics (chart, installation, database
>> func., common help topics)
>>         10000 fix to 1.1.0 in install.sh
>>         15100 mail merge - committed
>>         16909 deadlock in example text document
>>         17582 chines fonts displayed as squares - partly fixed in rc3
>> 18343 german readme
>>         18385 upgrade installation crashes
>>         18447 combobox disaprears
>>         18497 hang while open sample issue text document
>>         18586 l10n merge issue
>>         18640 wrong page at presentation start
>>         18641 modified flags set under certain conditions
>>         18670 wrong call to JNI
>>         18744 bibliographic database lost after update of 1.0.3
>>

>>         internal 109606 text disappears in presentation
>>         internal 111716 loop
>>         internal 111902 crash pressing edit button in RO document
>> internal 111651 print monitor
>>         internal 111622 crash inserting OLE object in Math.
>>         internal 111893, 111889 may be related to 17582, committed to
>> rc4
>>         internal 112020 Update still override some user settings
>> (*bau)
>>
>> -------------------------------------8<--------------------------------
>>
>> My understanding is that most fixes are in RC4, and only two bugs were
>> fixed in RC5 (==final).

Well, in cooker/9.2 we have RC4, plus a lot of patches from IZ/CVS which
Gwenole merged. From what I remember of what he posted (all you people
complaining can go and search in the cooker archives), he reckoned there
were about 4 patches in RC5 which we don't have, none of which were of
importance.

>> In OO mailing list, one can find some developers complain about the
>> serious bugs left in the final release ...:-=)
>>
>>      Daniel
>>
>> Le sam 04/10/2003 à 20:29, Keld Jørn Simonsen a écrit :
>> > Could the updated OOo 1.1.0 be relaesed as an update?
>> > I am sure they fixed a number of things between RC 4 and the 1.1.0
>> >
>> > best regards
>> > keld

>> Just get the RC out of the package names (rpm names). It is still
>> named RC4 in cooker

And what would that help? The version returned by a query on the package
would still show the RC4, as well as a query on the database if it were
installed. Plus, the hdlists would have to be updated.

The most visible version numbers all just say 1.1. The users who know
enough to check version numbers can go and check the relevant changelogs.

>> identical. Might as well just rename the package, if it's
>> RC5.

>> torrents ;)

The images are finalised, apparently in internal testing.

Additionally, you may have noticed this small issue of the release
schedule, which includes things like version freeze.

http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/ReleaseInfo#Schedule_estimation_WarLy

That was more than a month ago. That means that no version changes can
occur in main without release manager approval. So, just stop asking about
updated packages for the 9.2 release, you missed the boat at least 5 weeks
ago.

Just wait until cooker opens up (and don't bother asking when that will be
on the list ...), and everything will be updated, as it always is when
cooker is open.

There is nothing that can be changed in the 9.2 release now, besides the
errata and bugfix updates, so if you have real bugs, get them documented
so they can be proposed for errata, or supply patches or additional help
in testing real bugs.

Please click on http://www.cae.co.za/disclaimer.htm to read our
e-mail disclaimer or send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] for a copy.